Manhattan Periodontist Dr. Scott Kissel
In New York, dental implant and periodontal patients have more options for specialty treatment than any place else in the country. Dr. Scott O. Kissel stands out among his colleagues for many reasons, including:
- His background is unique. He practiced as a general dentist before becoming a periodontist, giving him a better overall perspective on treatment options.
- He is committed to constantly seeking better options for his patients, actively pursuing as much education as possible on advances in the field each year.
- He genuinely cares about his patients’ health and comfort. Every aspect of the practice has been designed to provide the best experience possible.
- He is a Board Certified periodontist with advanced training in dental implants, laser surgery, and microscopic procedures.
From an emphasis on pain-free procedures and less-invasive methods to amenities that make you feel comfortable in the office, you will immediately notice the difference when you select Dr. Kissel for your treatment.
Training & Experience
- Dental Degree – Henry M. Goldman School of Graduate Dentistry – Boston, MA
- General Practice Residency – Stony Brook Hospital – Stony Brook, NY
- Specialty in Periodontology and Dental Implants – Tufts University School of Dental Medicine – Boston, MA
- Advanced Microsurgical Training – Microsurgical Training Institute – Santa Barbara, CA
He is one of a few dentists in the world who belongs to a unique microsurgical study club where he continuously improves his skills. The founder of Periodontal Microsurgery, Dr. Dennis Shanelec, heads this study group. Dr. Kissel regularly lectures around the country and has written many articles for well-referred journals. He also contributed to a chapter in Carranza’s Clinical Periodontology textbook, which is considered the most definitive and widely used textbook for both the classroom and clinical practices.
Committed to Advanced Care & Technology
Dr. Kissel has always realized that most patients fear going to their dentist. That is why he is constantly finding the most advanced care and technology to limit patient’s fears.
Dr. Kissel utilizes:
- Techniques that provide better precision, comfort, and results.
- Microscopic technology that provides higher visibility and precision, reducing trauma and healing time and improving aesthetic results.
- 3D imaging for diagnosis and computer-guided dental implant surgery, including All-on-4 Dental Implants ®.
- SMILE Technique Implants that provide the most lifelike, natural-looking results available in implant dentistry. Dr. Kissel is the only periodontist in New York who offers this innovative procedure.
- LANAP ® laser surgery to target tissue and bacteria more effectively. This technique doesn’t require traditional incisions. Dr. Kissel’s office is unique in that a microscope is used which results in better outcomes and less chance of future surgeries.
- Piezo surgery instead of a drill for many aspects of surgery, resulting in less trauma to the tissue.
- Perioscope to view underneath the gums without surgery and the pain and downtime of stitching.
Prioritizing Patient Comfort
Dr. Kissel provides a variety of amenities and resources to make your experience in the office more comfortable and relaxing.
Dr. Kissel uses:
- Tempur-Pedic ® dental chairs, a selection of movies, and your choice of music, which combined with a beautiful view of Manhattan, will help you relax throughout treatment.
- The Wand ®. This is an atraumatic, computer-assisted local anesthetic delivery system that Dr. Kissel uses to ensure patient comfort.
- Oral sedation that can make treatment more comfortable for patients. Any anxiety will be acknowledged and appropriately addressed, resulting in a comfortable appointment. Dr. Kissel is certified in oral sedation by DOCS Education.
Dr. Kissel has been happily married for over 20 years and is a proud father of two sons. In his free time, Dr. Kissel enjoys playing tennis, riding horses and being actively engaged in fitness activities. Dr. Kissel is also an avid car enthusiast.
Whether your general dentist has referred you, or you are exploring the practice independently, we invite you to schedule an initial consultation so that you can experience the difference Dr. Kissel offers by calling (212) 702-9088.