Crown Lengthening New York City
New York City crown lengthening patients typically benefit from this procedure because they:
- Need a new crown or tooth restoration.
- Are unhappy with how prominent their gums are in their smile.
For patients, crown lengthening exposes more of a tooth so that it is better able to support a filling or crown. This is particularly helpful in cases in which a tooth has chipped or broken. Dr. Kissel also offers the procedure as a cosmetic treatment, adjusting the levels of the gum tissue and bone to create a more balanced smile.
Benefits of Crown Lengthening
Patients have a crown lengthening procedure to:
- Ensure a proper fit with the new crown or filling.
- Provide enough tooth structure so that the restoration won’t come loose in the future.
- Have easier access for brushing and flossing.
- Improve the aesthetics of the smile by helping turn a “gummy smile” into a smile with greater symmetry.
What New York City Crown Lengthening Patients Can Expect
One of the reasons that dentists refer patients to Dr. Kissel is that he uses microsurgical techniques for many of his procedures, including crown lengthening. This approach reduces damage to roots and bone, improving your comfort and speeding your recovery.
You can expect the following from the procedure:
- Before crown lengthening, Dr. Kissel will review your medical history and X-rays to plan your procedure.
- On the day of your surgery, you will receive local anesthesia to ensure your comfort. Dr. Kissel employs Wand® technology to deliver anesthetic pain-free.
- Dr. Kissel will use a microscope, which is the most minimally invasive technique allowing for maximum aesthetic results and faster healing time.
The microsurgical techniques that Dr. Kissel uses are very precise, and so you can expect your mouth to heal quickly after surgery. You can manage discomfort with over-the-counter prescriptions, and Dr. Kissel will advise you to eat soft foods and avoiding brushing near the surgical site for a period of time.
New York City crown lengthening patients can get treatment for tooth restoration and cosmetic concerns. Schedule an appointment with Dr. Scott Kissel by calling 212-702-9088 or contacting us online today.